Friday, February 19, 2010

Just. Fucking. Shoot. Me.

I can't think of a more grating way to start the morning than to have a mini-infomercial assault one's eyes and ears while I am trying to get the morning forecast on the Weather Channel.

And if you thought that Billy Mays was grating, the jerkwads who are marketing some gizmo called a "shoedini" have hired Gilbert Gottfried as their pitchman. (I predicted as much.)



If you can take more than five seconds of that grating voice, you're a better person than I am. I hit the mute button on my remote as fast as I could and if that didn't work, I was going to get my shotgun.

If there is anyone (other than maybe al-Rushbo and the Blubbering Fascist) who should seriously consider gargling with battery acid, it is Gilbert Gottfried. They should have used him as a CIA questioner, they could have avoided having to torture anyone. Just having to hear that voice would have been enough to get anyone to talk--- "Please, please, effendi, I'll tell you what you want to know, just make that guy shut up."

Shoehorns on sticks are not a new idea. Anyone foolish enough to buy a shoedini should have to listen to Gilbert Gottfried at least ten hours a day.

3 comments:

  1. Fortunately for me, I'd never seen this ad before now.
    What a stupid idea. People who have trouble getting their shoes on should buy better fitting shoes instead of this piece of crap.
    As for the voice of Gilbert Gotfried (sic), you can add the voice of Whoopie Goldberg to the pile. Either one of them make my ears want to explode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought it would be hilarious to have GG's voice pop up kind of randomly as the voice of my GPS. I would certainly try to get to my destination with as few turns as possible to avoid hearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is seriously my type of blog. I like to laugh at stuff like this and you are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete

Please, no spam.

中國詞不評論,冒抹除的風險。僅英語。