Sunday, October 18, 2009

Top Queen

What's Tiny and Macho?



Okay, okay, I admit I'm a little late to climb on the Top Gun fighter jet, but I'm just seeing Top Gun for the first time while waiting for Mad Men to come on AMC.
Was Tom Cruise kidding?
Can Navy fighter pilots actually be 19-years-old, 5'2" and gay?
It's hard to believe anyone actually bought this character and his weenie little voice, acting all butch n' stuff.
How would I kill this character?
I'd back the jet over him on the tarmac and squash him like the icky little bug he is.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, fighter pilots are tiny, macho, and probably gay but WAY deep in the closet. I mean, c'mon, they gotta be tiny to squeeze into those tiny little fighter planes. Thus why they do so much strutting and posturing, it's "little man" syndrome, as exemplified by Napoleon Bonaparte. Plus they gotta prove they're not gay (even though they really are), y'know!

    As someone who grew up next to an AFB I was amused at Top Gun because even though the story itself was stupid to anybody who knew anything about how the Air Farce operates, the tiny macho closeted gay fighter jock stereotype was just *SO* on, pretty much every fighter jock I ever knew was like that :).

    ReplyDelete

Please, no spam.

中國詞不評論,冒抹除的風險。僅英語。