Monday, March 2, 2009

"My Experience, In This Type of Market..."

"...is that you should put your money into Mason jars, bury them in the back yard, and shoot your fucking stockbroker in the head."


I cannot tell you how much I despise the "Edward Jones" brokerage ads, the one where the customer comes in at the crack of dawn and the broker says "in my experience, in this kind of market.."

Right. Unless the idiot sitting in that storefront office somewhere has been a stockbroker since 1932, he has no experience with a market that has dropped so much. The Dow Jones is down over 50% from its peak, a drop that has not been seen since 1932, though admitted the market has to drop a hell of a lot more to plumb those depths seen in `32.

No, they have no experience in this kind of market. They, like everyone else, are engaged in heavily whistling past the graveyard. For them to pretend otherwise is bordering on criminal fraud.

Bastards. All of them.

2 comments:

  1. I agree.. .yet all of them seem to think they can stand on my TeeVee Machine and scream at the President and tell him to FIX IT.. when they don't know what to do either...lol

    I wish it was that easy and that quick... but I do think he has the right combination, we just have to have patience and give it a little bit of time. Hard to do in our, I want it now society...but that's what we must do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some surefire remedies for the economic crisis:

    1. Legalize pot and tax the hell out of it.
    2. End farm subsidies; let 'em grow pot.
    3. Televise on Pay Per View the Karl Rove hearings.
    4. Start taxing churches.
    5. Force George Bush into a dunking booth and charge $500 per baseball.
    6. Sell Get Out of Jail Free cards to speeders for $1,000 each.
    7. Televise on Pay Per View the war crimes tribunals for Bush, Cheney, Rove, Gonzalez, Rumsfeld, Feith, Rice, ad nauseam.

    ReplyDelete

Please, no spam.

中國詞不評論,冒抹除的風險。僅英語。