Thursday, August 7, 2008

Mute These Bitches!




Yeah, yeah, strong women characters, blah, blah, blah.
I can't watch either of these shows for one reason- bad accents and/or speech impediments.
Kyra Sedgwick's attempt at a sassy Southern accent reminds me of a girl from Jersey trying to perform "Oklahoma's" Ado Annie in a high school production.
I live in the South.
People do not speak with that clippy, chirpy cadence like that. Sedgwick's character spits out her words. Southern belles ooze theirs out like honey over a hot rock.
As for poor little Holly Hunter, that lateral lisp of hers drives me crazy in every role she plays. I wish they'd make her character in her new show use "suffering succotash" as a standard gimmick line.
I'd actually watch that show if she did that.

6 comments:

  1. I don't care for "Saving Grace," but I do like "the Closer."

    ReplyDelete
  2. But TNT knows DRAMA! They run as for these shows every two fucking seconds! I'm trying to watch Law&Order reruns dammit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm going to have to watch these two shows just so I can dislike these characters!

    Okay - I kid. I'm just going to stay her in front of my computer and take your word for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Closer has the same devout lesbian following as "Cagney and Lacey" used to have.
    That's okay- I watch Law & Order SVU because of Mariska Hargitay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok...lay the fuck off H.H. I love that bitch and she is the Executive Producer of her show. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh really? Well, schuffering schuccotasch!

    ReplyDelete

Please, no spam.

中國詞不評論,冒抹除的風險。僅英語。